software update profile support

Michal Minář miminar at redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 13:05:00 UTC 2013

It depends on how much do you want to be profile compliant.
All SMASH profiles are well described in specific documents [1]. There
you can find all
requirements for your providers. If you don't aim for profile-feature
complete
implementation, you may save yourself a lot of time. But users of your
API then
won't know what to expect and how to call your providers.

For start, you may check out the code of software provider [2], which
conforms
to software inventory [3] and software update [4] profiles. See the
methods implemented
there and try to do it in your own way. Please, if you find some
inconsistency between profiles
and OpenLMI implementation, let us know by opening a ticket at our track.

Good luck,
Michal

[1] http://www.dmtf.org/standards/profiles
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/openlmi/browser/openlmi-providers/src/software/