[netcf-devel] Ubuntu patches for netcf

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Mon Mar 19 18:27:16 UTC 2012

On 10/28/2011 09:53 AM, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Daniel P. Berrange (berrange at redhat.com):
>> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:04:52PM -0500, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
>>> Quoting Serge E. Hallyn (serge.hallyn at canonical.com):
>>> And now I've figured out the root of the problem - me.  I was forcing
>>> get_augeas to rerun aug_load() every time.
>> Cool, glad it know it now does in fact work for someone other than
>> myself :-)
>>
>>> A tree which works for me on debian and ubuntu is at:
>>>
>>> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~serge-hallyn/+junk/netcf/files
>> Are you planning on submitting those patches to this list ? The libnl ones
>> will probably need to have some kind of conditional compilation, so we can
>> support both versions of libnl.
> Yes, absolutely.  I was thinking about trying to clean them up first,
> but that probably means I'll never get to them so maybe I'll send them
> today.

Serge,

After getting some netcf-related libvirt bug reports identified as
coming from an ubuntu system, I realized that you must now have a
released netcf build for ubuntu, but it's based on an upstream netcf git
checkout rather than a release. Any chance you could post the patches
you made so that I can push them and make a new upstream release (I'll
probably bump it from 0.1.9 to 0.2.0 to celebrate a released working
port on a new platform :-)

Thanks!

Laine