[netcf-devel] dumpxml output format of resulting xml file

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Tue Mar 6 20:41:05 UTC 2012

On 03/06/2012 12:27 PM, hiren panchasara wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:52 PM, hiren panchasara
> <hiren.panchasara at gmail.com <mailto:hiren.panchasara at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     For regular "dumpxml <interface>", we read "struct ifaddrs" and
>     get interface info.
>
>     What does "--live" signify in "dumpxml --live <interface>"? Help
>     says "include information about the live interface". Can you
>     elaborate a little more?
>

> I am asking this because for FreeBSD, network interface information is
> not stored in any files. So, whatever we get for regular "dumpxml
> <interface>" is _supposedly_ live.(?)

Where is the configuration stored? How would you configure an interface
manually so that it ends up with that configuration on the next system
boot? That's the information you should be outputting for
ncf_if_xml_desc() (i.e. the non-live version of ncftool dumpxml). The
"--live" means "show me what is the live settings in the kernel right now").