[netcf-devel] ANNOUNCE: netcf-0.1.7

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Fri Sep 24 16:45:50 UTC 2010

  I'm happy to finally announce the release of netcf 0.1.7.

Here's a list of the changes in this release:

* Remove code that modifies iptables config for bridges - this
    was the cause of numerous bug reports against RHEL, and
    after discussion we decided it was also outside the scope
    of what netcf should be doing anyway. (Laine Stump)

* Register gnulib as a proper submodule - this will assure that
    any future build done based on a tag will use exactly the same
    gnulib sources as a build done at any other time based on the
    same tag. (Laine Stump)

* Fix bootstrap to work with newer libtools (Eric Blake)

* Don't delete physical interface config when defining a vlan.
   (Laine Stump/David Lutterkort)

* Properly handle quoted entries in sysconfig files - this was causing
problems
   in recent releases of Fedora and RHEL, which are creating interfaces
   with the device name in quotes. (David Lutterkort)

* Make miimon/arpmon optional when defining a bond interface.
   (Cole Robinson)

* Only build datadir.h after configure is run (to allow doing "make && sudo
   make install" when builddir is on root-squashing NFS). (Cole Robinson)

Tarball: https://fedorahosted.org/released/netcf/netcf-0.1.7.tar.gz
GPG signature[1]:
https://fedorahosted.org/released/netcf/netcf-0.1.7.tar.gz.sig

RPMs for Fedora will be available as soon as I've figured out the new
Fedora package build system :-)

Laine

[1] To verify the signature, first download both the .sig file and the
corresponding tarball. Then, run a command like this:

    gpg --verify netcf-0.1.5.tar.gz.sig

If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:

    gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 62D11E4C

and rerun the `gpg --verify' command.