[netcf-devel] opensuse integation question

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Tue May 18 22:57:00 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 19:52 -0600, Patrick Mullaney wrote:
> I have been looking at getting netcf working on opensuse and ran
> into a few very minor problems. Thus far, just a few minor changes to
> drv_initscripts.c are needed. The two changes are the path to the
> ifcfg-* files and some type of switch to disable the bridge_physdevs
> functionality. From reading the list and code, it seems the intent
> is to create new backends by supplying a new drv_initscripts.c - this
> seems like overkill in this case. I was thinking that a distro specific
> include to touch up the paths and disable/enable the bridge check as a
> simple solution. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I am totally fine if the SuSe driver winds up being a bunch of
compile-time changes to the existing code, rather than a completely
different driver.

I suspect you will need to fiddle with the XSL stylesheets, too, but
that's something you'll discover as you go.

>From my point of view, the only hard and fast requirement is that driver
selection happens at compile time, not run time (since I don't want
netcf being in the business of discovering OS/platform at runtime)

David