[netcf-devel] mingw32 packaging review

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Mon Aug 2 15:41:08 UTC 2010

  On 07/29/2010 02:53 PM, Adam Stokes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Packaged up netcf for windows would like a review over the spec and the makefiles
>
> http://astokes.fedorapeople.org/mingw32-netcf/

Since the only thing I know about mingw packages is what I just read in
the Fedora project wiki page on the subject, I don't really feel
qualified to review this beyond the level of "Does it work? Then it's
okay!". The one thing I wondered about (and that was backed up by Eric
Blake, who actually *does* know a bit about mingw packages) was why you
changed the version number? Is this just because you're anticipating
there will be a new release of netcf to take in changes you've had to
make? According to the Fedora mingw package guidelines, the version
number for the standard Fedora package and the mingw Fedora package
should always match.