[netcf-devel] Basic IPv6 support

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 23:32:20 UTC 2009

These patches add basic IPv6 support to netcf. They are not terribly
well-tested, but seem to work AFAICT (I'd appreciate any help testing this).

The interface.rng schema (patch 1/3) now allows an IPv6 block

  <protocol family="ipv6">
    <autoconf/>
    <dhcp/>
    <ip address="3ffe:ffff:0:5::1" prefix="128"/>
    .. more <ip/> addresses ..
    <route gateway="3ffe:ffff:1234:5678::1"/>
  </protocol>

where anything inside the <protocol/> tag is optional.

Detailed examples can be found in patch 3/3

Given the Fedora release schedule, I am probably going to cut another netcf
release containing these patches tomorrow. Therefore, feedback by tomorrow
would be most valuable ;)

David