[netcf-devel] null MAC address

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Fri Oct 16 03:19:16 UTC 2009

In many cases there is no MAC address in the xml definition for an
interface. When this is the case, ncf_if_mac_string returns NULL, as
well as throwing an error. Should this really be what it does? Perhaps
it should return "", or at least not throw the error?

This is causing an error log message in libvirt when, for example, I
define a bridge interface, then do an iface-list (which ends up
eventually calling ncf_if_mac_string() on the interface with no mac
address). I'm trying to decide whether to fix this in netcf, or in libvirt.