[fedora-medical] Last updates

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Tue May 14 17:48:03 UTC 2013

Hi Guys,

I have also interest to have a such spin, and I have begun to digg apps for
us, hopefully I can add more tools. I'm really interested in a mobile open
source diagnostic set, where you can make immediately analysis with your
laptop. I'm totally inspired by this:
http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/14/4223500/lab-on-a-dvd-blood-analysis-hiv-testing-fast-affordable

And I think as everyone has laptop, would be really cool, to offer free
tools through Fedora for Paramedic, or quick analysis machines for 911
cars. Next to the medic bag, such machines can be a lifesaver. Even more,
as lenovo has docking plug, would be awesome have such batteries that
strong enough to run/control a defibrillator machine.....

I have added already to the wiki the ECG and EEG parts., hopefully I can
add more.

Thanks for your hard work,

Zoltan

2013/5/14 Mario Ceresa <mrceresa at gmail.com>

> Thanks Sébastien, that would be extremely cool!
>
> Mario
>
> PS: I had not forgotten about RHEL package of Orthanc :)
>

> On 14 May 2013 12:52, Sébastien Jodogne <s.jodogne at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I reply to this mail as the main developer of Orthanc.
>>
>>  On another side, Orthanc enables Fedora to act as a PACS to interchange
>>> dicom images between several peers. [...]
>>>
>>> Maybe, with some effort, we might even propose three features for one of
>>> the next fedora releases:
>>> * "medical image platform clinic" which would include:  [...]
>>>
>>> b) pacs support (orthanc, already done) + GinkoCAD
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Is there anyone interested in all of this?
>>>

>> As far as I am concerned, I have deep interest in your "medical/clinical
>> imaging platform" proposal.
>>
>> I should soon start working on implementing the support of DICOM
>> Query/Retrieve inside Orthanc (i.e. Orthanc will act as a Find/Move SCP).
>> This means that GinkoCAD (or any other DICOM viewer) will be able to
>> retrieve images from Orthanc through the DICOM protocol.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sébastien-

PGP:  06853DF7