[fedora-medical] Last updates

Sébastien Jodogne s.jodogne at gmail.com
Tue May 14 10:52:21 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I reply to this mail as the main developer of Orthanc.

> On another side, Orthanc enables Fedora to act as a PACS to interchange
> dicom images between several peers. [...]
> Maybe, with some effort, we might even propose three features for one of
> the next fedora releases:
> * "medical image platform clinic" which would include:  [...]
> b) pacs support (orthanc, already done) + GinkoCAD
>[...]
> Is there anyone interested in all of this?

As far as I am concerned, I have deep interest in your "medical/clinical
imaging platform" proposal.

I should soon start working on implementing the support of DICOM
Query/Retrieve inside Orthanc (i.e. Orthanc will act as a Find/Move
SCP). This means that GinkoCAD (or any other DICOM viewer) will be able
to retrieve images from Orthanc through the DICOM protocol.

Cheers,
Sébastien-