Boot from USB fails "uncompression error" or "incomplete ramdrive"

Jim Garrison jhg at jhmg.net
Tue Jun 8 02:38:13 UTC 2010

I've tried using liveusb-creator with three different Frdora
Live .iso images: F12-i686, F12-x86_64 and F12-x86_64.  The
64-bit images fail to boot with a short message about "incomplete
ramdrive", while the i686 image fails with "uncompression
error".

Hardware is a homebuilt Asus P6T, i7-930, 12GB system.

The system boots just fine from CDs created from those images,
but takes a very long time to boot and I was hoping to use
liveusb-creator to speed up boot time.

Any suggestions on what to try?

--
Jim Garrison (jhg at acm.org)