few questions

Muayyad AlSadi alsadi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 00:53:53 UTC 2008

I'm porting livecd-iso-to-disk with the help of luke's work
I have few questions
can the password for "cryptsetup luksFormat -y -q $loop" be passed
through a pipe ?

I've created a directory called BaseLiveUSB so that my work won't
interfere with the working one
and I'm working my own branch so that I won't break things

I'm rewriting it for the following reasons
0. there are new features in livecd-iso-to-disk
1. drop QT from Base
3. BaseLiveUSB backend should pass the GUI new features without any
change on the GUi code (for example it should populate a list called
bootloaders=[syslinux,xo syslinux,mactel] or something like that and
the GUi front end should supply a combo box to the user so that when a
new boot loader is implemented it will be there just like that.

I'll make an abstract class for boot loader step, something like this
class BootloaderSysLinuxXO(BootloaderSysLinux):

and LinuxBaseLiveUSB(BaseLiveUSB) will set the available bootloaders
in linux ..etc.

and in the BaseLiveUSB.run() it will call
self.bootloader.set_bootloader() or self.bootloader.write_config()
...etc.

after BaseLiveUSB is done right the GUI part then would be trivial

I know talk is cheap and you want to see code,
I'll try to do it as soon as possible