Lincity-NG v3.0

Heikki Ketoharju heikki.ketoharju at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 19:58:36 UTC 2012

Wow!

Some of those ideas are for version 4.0 or 5.0 for sure ;)

I dream about Lincity-NG that has quite the same functionality as now, but
a little bit better in-game graphics (just few sprites replaced and couple
of others properly animated), better GUI graphics and a bunch of background
songs. (A some way to show how full road is would be nice also: animated
traffic!) I don't know if that would be Lincity 2.5 or something, but I
think the current version is at quite good balance.

Of course broadening the simulation isn't a bad idea at all. It only needs
a couple of coders. Maybe someone should make easy to install Windows and
OS X builds and see if people on those platforms are interested?

I also think that Lincity NG's simulation code is from year 1996 or
something... Maybe it'd be time for rewrite?

    -Heikki

http://heikki.ketoharju.info