Koji client tools python3 compatible

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 18 15:38:47 UTC 2015

It was recently brought up to me that with the impending "Python3 as
Default"[0] change coming to Fedora it would be nice if we had Python3
client-side compatibility. The main motivation is from a developer
(Fedora Workstation User) perspective, it would be nice if the didn't
need to pull in all of the python2 stack just to be a Fedora Packager.

I don't know how big of an overhaul this would be or what it would
potentially break on the back end for the ability to still run server
side bits on EL5 machines, but I wanted to at least initiate the
discussion.

Thank you,
-AdamM

[0]  - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python_3_as_Default