RFC: vmware registration

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Sat May 28 00:00:06 UTC 2011

On Fri, 27 May 2011 09:24:41 +0200
Jim Meyering <jim at meyering.net> wrote:

> >>   ./configure --enable-gcc-warnings
> >
> > This only makes it treat warnings as errors for me.
>
> Actually it does quite a bit more.

Just as soon as I sent the previous message, I understood what was happening.
I get warnings from the wrong file, which are treated as errors now, and
so I never get to dc-vmware-image.c. Here's the problem:

backend.c: In function 's3_get_child':
backend.c:250:2: warning: passing argument 4 of 'hstor_get' from incompatible pointer type
/usr/include/hstor.h:179:13: note: expected 'size_t (*)(const void *, size_t,  size_t,  void *)' but argument is of type 'size_t (*)(void *, size_t,  size_t,  void *)'

The solution for now is to capture CFLAGS that --enable-gcc-warnings
produces, remove -Werror, set the CFLAGS with the remainder. This
brings out the desired const-compliance warnings, so I may be sure
that my next patch is going to be clean.

-- Pete