iwhd-0.97 released [stable]

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Tue Jul 12 19:03:10 UTC 2011

Here's the latest version of iwhd.
iwhd is Aeolus' (http://aeolusproject.org/)
rule-based cloud-to-cloud image manager.

See the NEWS section below for what's changed.

Here are the compressed sources:
  http://people.redhat.com/meyering/iwhd/iwhd-0.97.tar.gz   (1.2MB)
  http://people.redhat.com/meyering/iwhd/iwhd-0.97.tar.xz   (780KB)

Here are the GPG detached signatures[*]:
  http://people.redhat.com/meyering/iwhd/iwhd-0.97.tar.gz.sig
  http://people.redhat.com/meyering/iwhd/iwhd-0.97.tar.xz.sig

[*] You can use either of the above signature files to verify that
the corresponding file (without the .sig suffix) is intact.  First,
be sure to download both the .sig file and the corresponding tarball.
Then, run a command like this:

  gpg --verify iwhd-0.97.tar.gz.sig

If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 000BEEEE

and rerun the `gpg --verify' command.

This release was bootstrapped with the following tools:
  Autoconf 2.68.73-6cd9
  Automake 1.11a
  Gnulib v0.0-5460-g4af5eab

--------------------------------------
NEWS

* Noteworthy changes in release 0.97 (2011-07-12) [stable]

** New features

  A registration to RHEV-M now returns the ID and diagnostic messages
  in the body of reply to POST request. This permits to register the
  same image several times, and helps triaging any problems. The old
  "ami-id" attribute is retained and remains the same across registration
  back-end types.

** Bug fixes

  On Fedora systems, /etc/iwhd/conf.js is not overwritten anymore when
  upgrading the package (added %config(noreplace)).

  Do not leave a value of "pending xxxx" remain in "ami-id" attribute
  in case of an error in registration process. When we did, no application
  or human administrator could tell if there was an error or a hung
  registration.

** Infrastructure

  Adapt to jansson-1.2's new, incompatible changed API, so we can build
  both with it and the older API.