[patch iwhd] Add dc-rhev-image

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Wed Feb 23 21:09:26 UTC 2011

Pete Zaitcev wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:47:58 +0100
> Jim Meyering <jim at meyering.net> wrote:
>
>> With copy_file, that's not an issue.
>
> Fine, but what am I supposed to do about this:

It'd be easier to help if you sent a complete patch,
so I could see what you've done, but I'll try to guess...

>   CCLD   dc-rhev-image
> lib/libiwhd.a(copy-acl.o): In function `qcopy_acl':
> /q/zaitcev/hail/iwhd-tip/lib/copy-acl.c:55: undefined reference to `acl_get_fd'
> /q/zaitcev/hail/iwhd-tip/lib/copy-acl.c:67: undefined reference to `acl_set_fd'
> /q/zaitcev/hail/iwhd-tip/lib/copy-acl.c:81: undefined reference to `acl_free'
> /q/zaitcev/hail/iwhd-tip/lib/copy-acl.c:76: undefined reference to `acl_free'
>
> Adding "acl" to bootstrap.conf is not an answer, apparently. The problem
> is, I have libacl-devel-2.2.49-8.fc14.x86_64 installed. So the copy-file
> builds with HAVE_ACL, but cannot find the library. If it were not gnulib,
> I'd add some AC_CHECK_SOMETHING to configure.ac. But what is the right
> course of action in this case?

When you run ./autogen.sh, a ton of diagnostics scroll by,
mostly just informative.  However some suggest adding to link
options.  That may solve your problem.

> How about I commit dc-rhev-image with fork/exec and you fix that up
> with gnulib?

Sure.  But if you've already gotten as far as the above suggests,
please send me your patch and I'll start with that.  No point in
duplicating the work.