Ipsilon 1.0 Transaction issues.

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 20:41:46 UTC 2015

On 10/01/2015 02:27 AM, Jamie Lennox wrote:
> Starting a new thread as there was nowhere that really made sense to
> inject into the old one.
>
> I rolled back ipsilon to 1.0 and have done some hacks to get it
> running again. I haven't pushed changes yet but they will be there by
> the time everyone gets up tomorrow.
>
> John, I'm hitting the transaction ID issue from 1.1 in 1.0 now.

[ backtrace snipped for brevity]

> I'll have a quick look into the issue but i expect it's easier for you
> to handle it as you have already found the problem.

I can't explain why this problem reared it's head or exactly what
changed in what version. However, the most expedient solution is to
remove the code that is causing the exception to be raised. This is safe
because the exception is being raised when trying to save a value for
later use, but no one uses that value, it was put there for
bullet-proofing rather than necessity. In hindsight saving the SAML
binding in the transaction was probably ill-conceived because a binding
is specific to the current stage in a transaction series, as such it
should be saved in a transaction.

Attached is proposed patch, it's just deleting a block of code.

Please try it and let me know if it solves the problem, or give me
access to your VM's and I'll try it myself.

> I haven't filed a bug anywhere, i wasn't sure if you'd done that already.

I have opened ipsilon ticket #177
(https://fedorahosted.org/ipsilon/ticket/177)

--
John