[hyperkitty-devel] bug tracker, demo, and PyCon sprints

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at panix.com
Tue Jan 20 16:11:38 UTC 2015

Thanks for your replies, Aurélien!

On 01/09/2015 08:41 AM, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
> Hey Sumana!
>
> Thanks for your interest in HyperKitty
>

> * I see open bugs listed at https://fedorahosted.org/hyperkitty/report/1
>> . Is that the issue tracker we currently use?
>

> Yes.
>

>> Are all of those active
>> bugs still available for new developers to work on, or are some of them
>> actually solved in the current codebase? If we think the answer is "some
>> of these bugs are obsolete" then I'd like to know that, and I can go
>> through and triage them.
>>

> Yeah, I think some of them are obsolete, checking that was on my todo list
> but you're welcome to do it if you want.

Please go ahead; I've basically checked the ones that I have the ability
to check without a running installation.

>> * Where can I see a recent version of HyperKitty (with test data)? I
>> know about https://lists.stg.fedoraproject.org/archives/ but I'm not
>> sure whether it is running the latest code.
>>

> Right, it's not running the latest code because recent changes in mailman
> make it incompatible with HyperKitty (python3 port) and I have to adapt to
> it. It's not a small update, so it's not going to happen overnight.

Understood. If I understand correctly, that is also a blocker for anyone
(such as me) who wants to install HyperKitty for development or testing.
I'll keep my eye on this list and on the GitHub repositories to know
when HyperKitty is installable again so I can start testing and fixing
bugs -- thanks!

>> Thank you! Also, I hope to see some of you at the PyCon sprints, April
>> 13th - Thursday, April 16th 2015, in Montréal;
>

> I'll be there!
>

>> I know some Mailman
>> developers plan to meet there and aim to finalize and release the full
>> Mailman 3 suite:
>>
>> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2015-January/024147.html
>>

> Yes, I do aim for the same date :-)
>
> See you there!
>
> Aurélien

Great! There's an empty page at
http://wiki.mailman.psf.io/DEV/PyCon%202015%20Sprint in case anyone
wants to put particular plans/ideas/goals there.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
http://brainwane.net