FUEL @ Second Open Source Language Summit 2013 - Report

Rajesh Ranjan rajesh672 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 06:30:26 UTC 2013

Jointly organized by Wikimedia Foundation and Red Hat, the Second Open
Source Language Summit [1] was organized on February 12th and 13th,
2013 at Red Hat office based in Pune, India. Apart from Wikimedia
Foundation and Red Hat, people working with Fedora, KDE, FUEL, C-DAC,
and Google participated in the summit. During the summit, participants
discussed issues related to different aspects of l10n and i18n. Please
read Wikimedia blog [2] for more detail about the summit.

FUEL was one of the participant in the summit. The summit gave FUEL
several positive results and learning experience. The discussion about
collaboration on terminology section of FUEL with translatewiki.net
was very important. We discussed and developed the idea of a
development branch in FUEL and decided that we will have one git repo
(apart from the svn one which is currently used for evaluated contents
at FUEL) to cater the community's pre evaluation contributions. As per
the discussion, the FUEL project's terminology modules are available
for translatewiki.net translators' community. We got great suggestions
from WMF's Language Engineering Team to improve ourselves. Apart from
this, we discussed about the need of creating some new modules to make
it available for translators' community. The FLTG showed interest to
integrate the screenshot comparison method [3] in FLTG [4]. During the
discussion related to FUEL, Siebrand Mazeland, Amir E. Aharoni, Niklas
Laxström, Alolita Sharma, Runa Bhattacharjee, Ankit Patel, Rajesh
Ranjan, Amanpreet Brar, Chandrakant D, Ani Peter, Rajat Gupta, Sweta
Kothari, Manoj Giri, Shankar Prasad, Nilamdyuti Goswami, Sandeep
Shedmake, Krishnababu Krothapalli, Shantha Kumar were present. We got
valuable feedback and suggestions from participants. Thanks to all!

Thanks a lot to WMF and Red Hat for giving FUEL a great opportunity to
participate in this summit.

[1]. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Pune_LanguageSummit_February_2013
[2]. http://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/02/20/report-from-the-spring-2013-open-source-language-summit
[3]. http://svn.fedorahosted.org/svn/fuel/qa/fuel-localization-qa-screenshot-comparison-method.pdf