Translation of FUEL (desktop) to Breton (brezhoneg) - Completed!

Ankit Patel ankit644 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 12:44:57 UTC 2013

On 03/11/2013 04:36 PM, sankarshan wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Ankit Patel <ankit644 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> - translatewiki.net is *not* the sole place for somebody to contribute
>> for a language/module!
>>
>> To Contribute to FUEL, upstream is: http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fuel.git
>> To Consume FUEL, upstream is: http://svn.fedorahosted.org/svn/fuel/
>
> This is an interesting aspect. So, is translatewiki.net providing an
> on-line web-based translation tool for FUEL upstream? Or, is it a
> downstream fork specifically aimed at projects which are co-hosted at
> translatewiki.net?

you can say it's a downstream fork
but it's also getting submitted to upstream

> And, in an earlier email you mentioned that the translations are being
> reviewed - does translatewiki.net provide the reviewing platform or,
> does the review happen on the upstream source?

We aren't using translatewiki.net as a reviewing platform at the moment.

Evaluation phase is where we organize a face to face (at least till
date) meetup to review and evaluate final terminologies for all the
submissions we have received from various translators across, be it from
communities like translatewiki.net or organizations like CDAC or
individual contributors. Every group or individual have been dedicated a
separate file to work with, which will be collectively used during the
evaluation meet in order to come up with the evaluated entries that gets
released.

To put some more light, let me describe the process here in detail.

FUEL Upstream Repositories:
** Development:
--> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fuel.git
--> Access provided to broader group to receive more contributions
--> Translatewiki.net submits translations for non evaluated languages
on weekly basis
--> Groups like CDAC also gets to submit terminology translations here
--> Individuals submit translations, they have direct commit access to
this repo
--> Every community, group or individual has their own file to work
with. We do check this manually at the moment but could be automated later.
--> Anybody can consume the non-evaluated messages according to their needs.

** Stable:
--> http://svn.fedorahosted.org/svn/fuel/
--> Evaluated terminologies for every language gets submitted here
--> After the evaluation phase
--> Only core members has the access
--> To consume evaluated messages one needs to access this repo or at
the website online or through REST API made available.

I hope this makes it clear.

Thanks,
Ankit
http://www.ankit644.com/