Requests for clarification of context information

Rajesh Ranjan rajesh672 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 13:14:27 UTC 2013

Hi Siebrand,

Thanks for writing in great details.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Siebrand Mazeland (WMF) <
smazeland at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone. Please find a little status report from translatewiki.netand some questions below.
>
> At translatewiki.net, translators have been contributing away at the
> three FUEL collections over the past months[1]. Contributors that have made
> their affiliation and location known are mostly from Europe and Asia.
>
> So far, some 12.000 translations and changes have been made[2]. Around 500
> translations have been accepted by peers[3]. An overview of completion
> levels is also available[4]. Currently we make weekly contributions to the
> git repo[5]. There are no problems on the technical side of things that I
> am aware of.
>
> Translators have been asking some questions about the translatable
> content. At the moment there are 6 open issues[6].
>
> Who can please take a look at the open issue and work towards resolving
> them?

I have replied the queries. The feedback is good for us. We will certainly
improve the context info on the basis of the feedback.

> My request is to keep an eye on this page regularly, as this is the place
> where translatewiki.net support coordinators will move support requests
> for FUEL to. Who can be contact person for this?

I have added the page "Translating_talk:FUEL" in my watchlist :-)

> Another thing I'd like to address is the status of the mobile and web
> collections. The strings have not been documented, and this makes it pretty
> hard for translators to translate at times.
>
> Is there any time line set out to where these collections will reach
> "version 1 - released"?
>

> Is there any time line set out to where these collections will be
> annotated with context information in the source files
> mobile/fuel-mobile-en.pot and web/fuel-web-en.pot, as is done in
> desktop/fuel-desktop-en.pot?

Sorry for the delays. We hope we will provide context of both the modules
in two weeks.

--
Regards,
Rajesh Ranjan