Localization Quality Assurance - Screenshot Comparison Method

Ankit Patel ankit644 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 08:13:16 UTC 2012

On 08/21/2012 10:13 AM, Satish Mohan wrote:
> On 21-Aug-2012, at 10:00 AM, A S Alam <apreet.alam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> we tested dogtail for screenshot without major success (still working on), but indeed need to include in reference. Please share if you have any other tool for taking screenshot.
> Try project sikulli.
>
> http://sikuli.org/
>
> Satish

We are looking for a tool and/or script that can grab screenshots
(English and many other native languages) automatically. So far, dogtail
has served our purpose of providing i18n support in terms of capturing
images, just that we need to write whole lot of automation for the
number of screenshots we are planning to take for majority of applications.

However looking at sikuli I find it more promising, especially in terms
of our regular automated testing efforts. Need to explore it a bit more.
Thanks for the link Satish.

--
Regards,
Ankit Patel