Welcome and discussion starter

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Feb 16 17:23:29 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:57:42 -0500
Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> A lot here does depend on the target market you're looking at. For
> example, are we trying to get to the use case of users who want:
> 	http://spins.fedoraproject.org/
> or the use case of users who want:
> 	http://jujucharms.com/charms/precise
> ?
>
> These are vastly different target markets, and I'd honestly try and
> shoot for the second, not the first. Others may disagree.

I think we should shoot for the second for now, but with the idea that
someday down the road we might be able to satisfy the first. ;)

We are never fully going to be able to replace spins, as there are use
cases that still require a fully setup media to boot from, but I think
we can take over some needs people currently satisfy with spins at some
point.

kevin