OpenConnect (443) vs firewalld

Gottfried Haider gottfried.haider at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 07:48:10 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction with this one:

When I start up the openconnect server (ocserv) on my server
automatically, I can't seem to connect from the client ("Failed to
connect to host", "Failed to open HTTPS connection"). It does work,
though, when I either start or restart ocserv when the server has
already been running, or when I disable firewalld from loading.

This is on a pretty normal Fedora 20 server (ocserv 0.8.4), which uses
the standalone ocserv.service (i.e. not socket-activated). Firewalld
has a permanent rule to open port 445.

The systemd serialization looks good to me: firewalld.service
completes before the network.target that ocserv.service depends on.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Gottfried

PS: Please CC me for replies.