Masquerade specific networks

Marcos Felipe Rasia de Mello marcosfrm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 11:14:14 UTC 2015

I am trying to convert a gateway from openSUSE to Fedora 21. For three
SuSEfirewall2 features I could not find equivalents in firewalld.

1) Masquerade just one specific network (x.x.x.x/yy), not all my
internal LANs. A --masquerade-source=x.x.x.x/yy perhaps?

https://github.com/openSUSE/susefirewall2/blob/ad82404be5358306d31ed355b9c1a97ab074176d/SuSEfirewall2.sysconfig#L172

2) Block from masquerading a couple of protocols/ports/services. i.e.
masquerade everything except that. My internal clients (of those
networks that are being masqueraded) are not allowed to access
external DNS servers directly. They must use the gateway DNS server.

https://github.com/openSUSE/susefirewall2/blob/ad82404be5358306d31ed355b9c1a97ab074176d/SuSEfirewall2.sysconfig#L198

3) Redirect ports from a specific internal network to localhost for
transparent proxy.

https://github.com/openSUSE/susefirewall2/blob/ad82404be5358306d31ed355b9c1a97ab074176d/SuSEfirewall2.sysconfig#L609

Thanks is advance.