Ways to limit outgoing traffic?

Rufe Glick rufe.glick at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 17:41:11 UTC 2014

While skimming through this mailing list's archives I saw that this
question was raised a couple of times. And last time in August of this
year Jiri reiterated that "So far we don't handle outbound traffic in
firewalld".

So if I still need to limit outgoing traffic what is the best way to
proceed? I could probably use the direct interface. But then I'll have
to write a daemon that'll handle reload\reboot events of firewalld to
re-add the rules. That sounds a bit complicated.

The only solution I see is to disable the firewalld service altogether
and fall back to iptables service.

Any other ideas?

Also in my opinion a full value firewall solution has to have an
ability to limit outgoing traffic. Are there plans to incorporate this
functionality any time soon?

Thanks,
Rufe