Clarification on some statements form firewalld.richlanguage man page

Rufe Glick rufe.glick at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 23:31:04 UTC 2014

Hello,

Please clarify the following issues related to the rich language for me:

1. In the Rule description it is said that "If source or destination addresses are used in a rule, then the rule family need to be provided." Then in the description for the Source says that "A source address or address range is either an IP address or a network IP address with a mask for IPv4 or IPv6. The network family (IPv4/IPv6) will be automatically discovered)."

It seems to me that wordings marked in italic contradict each other. When using source keyword the rule family either has to be provided or it will be discovered automatically. Which one is true?

2. In the Action description the very last line says "Also an action can be limited using the limit tag." What limit tag does the statement refer to?

System info: CentOS 7, firewalld-0.3.9-7.el7.noarch

Thank you,
Rufe