firewalld and kvm

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 18:59:44 UTC 2014

After spending a serious amount of time on google this line fixed it for me.
Now firewalld no longer blocks the dhcp requests that come from the kvm
guest.

firewall-cmd --permanent --direct --passthrough ipv4 -I FORWARD -m physdev
--physdev-is-bridged -j ACCEPT

There is no mention off this in the manpage of firewall-cmd (or the one for
iptables), nor on the on the firewalld website.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD

I think a mention of the case : 'how to configure firewalld on a kvm host'
would get some credits from a few people.

Rob