openvpn

michiel m.karsch at gmail.com
Wed May 21 10:48:25 UTC 2014

Thomas Woerner wrote:
> On 05/12/2014 02:53 PM, michiel karsch wrote:
>> Hi, I try to get firewalld playing nice with openvpn but failed. I
>> opened the opevpn udp port but I think the tun interface needs some
>> love. The vpn is working when I disable firewalld.
>>
> In which zone have you enabled the port 1194/udp? BTW: There is
> already a service for openvpn: openvpn

I've configured 2 zones: external and trusted and added eth1 (inet
gateway) resp. and eth0 (lan).

<zone>
   <short>External</short>
   <service name="openvpnHi"/>
   <service name="http"/>
   <service name="ssh"/>
   <masquerade/>
</zone>

  <service name="openvpnHi"/>
   <service name="http"/>
   <service name="ssh"/>
   <service name="openvpn"/>
   <masquerade/>

<zone target="ACCEPT">
   <short>Trusted</short>
   <description>All network connections are accepted.</description>
   <masquerade/>
   <forward-port to-addr="x.x.x.x." protocol="tcp" port="zzz"/>
</zone>

Service openvpnHi is a cpy of openvpn with another udp port.

> Is this zone the default zone?

No. I just left the default zone to, eh, default (public?).

--Michiel