ssh only from known ip addresses

Michael C Cambria mcc at fid4.com
Sat Mar 22 22:05:49 UTC 2014

On 03/22/14 16:51, Michael C Cambria wrote:
> On 03/22/14 16:36, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
[deleted]

>> /etc/firewalld/zones/public.xml
>>
>> ..and change :
>>
>> <zone target="REJECT">
>> <zone target="DROP">
>>

> None of my zone's seem to have existing xml for "zone target":
>

> [root at node zones]# pwd
> /etc/firewalld/zones
> [root at node zones]# grep target *.xml
> [root at node zones]#
>

> I might add it and play around.

This seems to work.  I needed to remove the ssh service as well.  Having
the ssh service might have been the problem in the first place.
Regardless, it seems to negate my rich rules.  The clue was that the
rules would disappear (guessing optimized out) from one

"firewall-cmd --zone=public --list-all" to the next.

I have (since removed) the --add-port protocol="tcp" port="80" for
Apache, and added it as a service.

Time for a pint.

Thanks everyone
MikeC