No connectivity after changing default TARGET

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 18:30:19 UTC 2014

On 01/17/2014 02:36 PM, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> The rule for RELATED, ESTABLISHED connections is not being hit and
> the strange thing is that I don't even see the final DROP counter increasing.

Ok, I found the root of the problem.  I had to remind myself that the
*filter* table is not the only one around...

I performed a comparisson of the *mangle* table before & after changing
the default target.  Here's where returning packets are being dropped
(after I source any new connection):

*mangle* chains following:
PREROUTING
..PREROUTING_ZONES
....PRE_public
........packets diverted to 3 more custom-chains
........DROP (dropped here as the last 3 chains have no rules)

This is definitely a bug, isn't it?

--
Jorge