Fedora repository with testing firewalld builds

Thomas Woerner twoerner at redhat.com
Wed Apr 2 12:05:05 UTC 2014

On 04/01/2014 06:54 PM, Randy Fitzgerald wrote:
> I downloaded that version, all purple color for laptops, and it was the
> biggest piece of shit i ever seen.,it ran like a virtual machine,slow.
> My version was an Ubuntu release.It went over like a lead balloon.Any
> RAMDRIVE OS like puppy linux, on a live cd, would have blown the doors
> off of it.I,am running Fedora 19 xfce with the latest kernel release,13
> and it makes windows 8.1 Pro, look like a turtle with Arthritis.The
> Fedora project and Redhat need to straighten out the same old package
> installer issues, were any downloaded gzip or zip ect..which is not a
> yum package, does not auto install, like Microsoft windows,your never
> going to win over the masses unless this OS is an auto
> installer,seamless downloads which an install sheild, builds an
> installer,then remedies all of it like yum does.  and puts it all in
> nice and neatly in the proper directories,  for every app,just like
> Microsoft windows OS.The learning curve is high enough, this turns away
> many newbies, and even many old timers,i only want to do command line
> apps, when i absolutely must. Every app, must have a GUI or it wont get
> used, by any newbies,or any one else other than the old time linux
> people, who do everything on the command line.People do not have time
> for this in today's world.Tighten up the wi-fi security, make it so
> tight it can drop any attempts to connect, to hot spot routers.we use
> these hotspot routers because they are the only device small and
> portable,and rechargable batteries.These kids are stealing
> wi-fi,service, on a massive scale.we have no idea when any intrusion
> occurred?. Just some ideas, thank you, Randy S. Fitzgerald.

This is the email list for firewalld development. If you have questions
about Fedora, please ask in a Fedora mailing list for this or contact
someone in a Fedora IRC chat, for Red Hat questions, please contact Red
Hat...

Ideas for and also help in firewalld development are heavily welcome.
Please provide this information in a more understandable way.

Regards,
Thomas