Additional service definition files SPICE

John Call johnsimcall at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 23:45:38 UTC 2013

Given the popularity of virtualization these days, I'd like to see a SPICE
service definition file come "out-of-the-box" with firewalld.  Is this
something that could be approached at this level, or would should the
request be directed to the libvirt/qemu team?  For example, I think the
definition below should be shipped as predefined/standard service.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<service>
  <short>Simple Protocol for Independent Computing Environments
(SPICE)</short>
  <description>SPICE is an adaptive remote rendering protocol for virtual
environments.  The range of allowed ports will allow up to 256 concurrent
remote console sessions to running virtual machines.</description>
  <port protocol="tcp" port="5900-6411"/>
</service>

Thanks for your consideration,
John