NAT 169.254.169.254 to localhost for libvirt guests?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 12 00:13:11 UTC 2013

169.254.169.254 is a well-known address used for distributing cloud metadata
to guests. It's helpful to have a service responding on this address on my
laptop.

Previously, I created a lo:0 interface with this address, but that has its
own set of problems.

What I'd like to do is have all traffic to (and from) this address on a
libvirt network NAT'd to 127.0.0.1, so my local server can respond.

Or, this could be done on a per-port level if that's easier; this is http
traffic.

What's the right way to do this with firewalld?