Zones and Sources (allow internal, deny external connections)

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Jun 20 15:16:26 UTC 2013

Hello,

   So I've been following firewalld, and previously I was under the
assumption that a particular feature wasn't yet there. Now it seems that
it is.

   I have a machine that is on a DMZ so we have an eternal router which
hands out a private subnet ips, but forwards all traffic to one machine
in that subnet. That machine runs Fedora 19 (firewalld-0.3.3-2).

   I'm wondering if with the 'sources' option I can open particular
services (lets say nfs for example) to the internal subnet, but not the
external. Is that the correct understanding of what is meant by sources?

   If that is the case are there docs/examples of how to create a
configuration where some services are allowed by all connections, and
others are allowed based on source?

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
t 403.875.4613