Blocking all outgoing traffic except port 80 to a specific host

Simon Lundmark simon.lundmark at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:40:15 UTC 2013

Hello!

I just installed Fedora 18 and got a nice surprise when I found out
about FirewallD! It seems really useful for me (because I'm not
directly an iptables rock star). But I did not find information on the
wiki <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD> about my specific use
case:

I would like to block all outgoing traffic from the computer, except
for port 80 to one specific host (say 192.168.0.17).

I come from an Ubuntu background, and this blogpost describes how I
would do something similar using UFW