Local port redirection seems not working

Raphaël Flores raf64flo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 12:39:41 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've a Fedora 18 OS which is running behind a Freebox Revolution (French
ISP router) and having IP 192.168.1.39. The F18 OS hosts a Tomcat server
listening to port 8080.

I've opened port 8079 and 8080 in public (default) zone:
# firewall-cmd --list-port
8079/tcp 8080/tcp

I've tried to redirect port from 8079 towards 8080 via TCP, UDP:
# firewall-cmd --list-forward-port
port=8079:proto=tcp:toport=8080:toaddr=
port=8079:proto=udp:toport=8080:toaddr=

I'm thinking this is sufficient to redirect effectively all requests on
8079 to 8080, so that an HTTP GET on http://192.168.1.39:8079/ SHOULD
(afaik) be redirected to Tomcat server as if I've done HTTP GET on
http://192.168.1.39:8080/ (which currently shows me Tomcat welcome page).

That would be the expected result, but when I HTTP GET on
http://192.168.1.39:8079/ via Firefox, nothing happens except web
browser tells me that it cannot reach given adress.

If I use 192.168.1.39 IP isntead of 127.0.0.1, it's because I further
want to redirect port to a guest virtual machine which will host the
Tomcat server, but currently I just want the redirection to work in local.

Any hint for enabling correctly the port redirection? Where is the
misconfiguration?

Thanks for any help.

Raphaël Flores.