Firewalld D-BUS documentation

Jiri Popelka jpopelka at redhat.com
Fri Aug 16 11:20:14 UTC 2013

On 08/16/2013 01:00 PM, Victor Rafael Escobar Olmos wrote:
> BTW, you could improve your documentation adding the next lines to the
> manpage:
>
>     To add an interface to a zone and make the changes permanent, we must
>     write the next configuration file:
>        echo "ZONE=<zone>" >> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-
>        <interface>

Actually firewalld.zones(5) already says:

How to set or change a zone for a connection?

        The zone is stored into the ifcfg of the connection with
ZONE=option. If the option is missing or empty, the default zone set in
firewalld is used.
        If the connection is controlled by NetworkManager, you can also
use nm-connection-editor to change the zone.

--
Jiri