How will the area change of an interface?

Philippe Marcovici philippepma at free.fr
Wed May 23 22:33:08 UTC 2012

Well done! I did not have the latest version.
But, after a "yum update firewalld", it's the same.

I was with default public zone :
# firewall-cmd --get-active-zones
public: p2p1

I check the INPUT ZONES :
# iptables -v -n -L INPUT_ZONES
Chain INPUT_ZONES (1 references)
  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
     0     0 IN_ZONE_public  all  --  p2p1   *
0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0

I change for work defaut zone :
# firewall-cmd --set-default-zone=work
# firewall-cmd --get-active-zones
work: p2p1

The default zone is changed, but not the iptables rules :
# iptables -v -n -L INPUT_ZONES
Chain INPUT_ZONES (1 references)
  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
     0     0 IN_ZONE_public  all  --  p2p1   *
0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0

But, after a reboot it's OK :
[root at localhost ~]# firewall-cmd --get-active-zones
work: p2p1

The check is OK :
[root at localhost ~]# iptables -v -n -L INPUT_ZONES
Chain INPUT_ZONES (1 references)
  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
     0     0 IN_ZONE_work  all  --  p2p1   *       0.0.0.0/0
0.0.0.0/0

Philippe.