How will the area change of an interface?

Philippe Marcovici philippepma at free.fr
Tue May 22 22:26:07 UTC 2012

Thank you for the answer.

I did some tests.

Bravo! Zone changes via /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<iface>
(ZONE=xxx) are taken into account in a few seconds: iptables rules are
appropriate.

Zone changes via "firewall-cmd --zone=xxx --change --interface=yyy"are
taken into account immediately and disappear after a reboot, as you pointed.

If the zoning is done via the command "firewall-cmd
--set-default-zone=xxx" (no zone declaredin
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<iface>) a restart is required. Is
this the desired behavior?

Philippe.