Proper way to change zones?

Patrick skibler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 20:50:55 UTC 2012

Hello!

I am trying to make use of firewalld now that I am in F17, but
documentation is slim :).

I have created a zone xml file in /usr/local/lib/firewalld/zones/ and
added some services to /usr/local/lib/firewalld/services/ . I have
then linked them to the appropriate folders in /etc/firewalld.

Even after reloading firewalld, it does not list my new zone when I
issue the command firewall-cmd --get-zones. I have set my interface to
use my new zone in the appropriate /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
file. Now when I issue firewall-cmd --get-zone-of-interface=eth0 I get
no output, instead of "public," which was the zone it used to receive
by default.

If I issue "nmcli -f NAME,DEVICES,ZONE con status" it lists my new
zone, so I guess that is something :).

Am I doing this all wrong?! Thank you for any assistance,

Patrick