Puppet module

Jiri Popelka jpopelka at redhat.com
Thu Jun 26 14:19:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

this is just heads-up to let you know early, that I've started working
on firewalld module for Puppet recently.
It's in very early stage, because I knew nothing about Puppet a week ago.

It lives here:
https://github.com/jpopelka/puppet-firewalld

Testing it on Fedora is piece of cake, just get a repo file from
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/jpopelka/puppet-firewalld/
and put it into /etc/yum.repos.d/
There's only rawhide-x86_64 for Fedora, but that should be fine for all
Fedoras/archs, because the module is noarch.

Install the module with:
# yum install puppet-firewall

Then try the included example with:
# puppet apply /usr/share/doc/puppet-firewalld/examples/misc-example.pp

What the example does at the moment is:
- install firewalld package
- disable ip[6]table services
- create a zone called "custom" with few opened ports and predefined
services
- set it as default zone
- (re)start firewalld

Sample of documentation is here:
http://jpopelka.fedorapeople.org/puppet-firewalld/doc/firewalld/zone.html

I'll be glad for any suggestions as I know very little about what Puppet
can and can't do.

--
Jiri