a few issues with firewalld 0.3.0

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 18:51:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

while looking at 0.3.0 [0], I noticed a few issues. If you prefer this
to be reported via a bug tracker, just let me know:

1/ config/systemd.service:
  - uses hard-coded paths, should use @bindir@ which are substituted
dynamically.
  - uses a fedora specific sysconfig config file. systemd upstream
clearly recommends *not* to use it.
  - uses deprecated dbus.target and syslog.target. Those no longer
exist or are useful, so should be dropped.
2/ shell-completion/firewall-cmd-bash-completion.sh
  - please install that file in /usr/share/bash-completion/completions
  - name the file after the binary, this way bash-completion will load
it on demand
  - see [2] as a reference for how to implement that.

Cheers,
Michael

[0] https://fedorahosted.org/released/firewalld/firewalld-0.3.0.tar.bz2
[1] http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/on-etc-sysinit.html