Fuzzing elfutils

Mark Wielaard mjw at redhat.com
Tue Dec 23 11:42:32 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 01:20:24AM +0300, Alexander Cherepanov wrote:
> But it would be nice to have an idea which commits fix which crashes. Your
> first commit (d0070a9) included Reported-by: -- thanks! But it was the only
> such commit, then it was not clear whether you fix further crashes from the
> same bunch or fix completely different crashes.

Sorry about that. Once I started to look seriously into the fuzzer crashers
I realized there were some fundemental issue that needed fixed. So I took
your and Hano and my own crashers and just put them into a big directory
running under valgrind looking for common patterns to fix.

> I guess I can formulate two wishes now:
> - to include Reported-by: tag in your commits (to make it possible to track
> progress and as a credit);
> - to let me know when it's reasonable to start next round of fuzzing.

I'll do that. mjw/pending contains 2 patches that should fix your
most recent reported crashers. It is reasonable to start the next round
based on those now.

Thanks,

Mark