[PATCH 0/2] Tweak addr2line function names
jistone at redhat.com
Thu Dec 11 19:29:14 UTC 2014
On 12/10/2014 11:41 AM, Josh Stone wrote:
> As previously discussed, these patches fix the function names for addr2line.
> For addr2line -i, it now walks as many scopes as necessary to find the
> containing function, instead of assuming it's the next scope. Also, addr2line
> now prefers linkage_name over the plain die name in all cases.
> I haven't addressed the srcline sorting yet, but I intend to.
> I had also mentioned some redundancy in the way -f prints inlines, compared to
> similar info from -i, but I didn't realize that -S and -x are also involved
> here. I've decided to leave that alone for now.
> src/ChangeLog | 8 +++++++
> src/addr2line.c | 55 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
> tests/ChangeLog | 5 ++++
> tests/run-addr2line-i-test.sh | 4 +++-
> 4 files changed, 51 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)
I added Mark's suggestion for DW_TAG_entry_point, and both patches are
now pushed to master.
More information about the elfutils-devel