[PATCH 0/2] Tweak addr2line function names
jistone at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 19:41:03 UTC 2014
As previously discussed, these patches fix the function names for addr2line.
For addr2line -i, it now walks as many scopes as necessary to find the
containing function, instead of assuming it's the next scope. Also, addr2line
now prefers linkage_name over the plain die name in all cases.
I haven't addressed the srcline sorting yet, but I intend to.
I had also mentioned some redundancy in the way -f prints inlines, compared to
similar info from -i, but I didn't realize that -S and -x are also involved
here. I've decided to leave that alone for now.
src/ChangeLog | 8 +++++++
src/addr2line.c | 55 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
tests/ChangeLog | 5 ++++
tests/run-addr2line-i-test.sh | 4 +++-
4 files changed, 51 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)
More information about the elfutils-devel