[patchv4 4/4] Provide virtual symbols for ppc64 function descriptors

Mark Wielaard mjw at redhat.com
Thu Dec 12 15:07:30 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-12-12 at 11:49 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> But now that we do have to provide a new API anyway, we could make a
> lookup for an address match against either or both of the values or
> addresses. Currently I haven't done that, but we could make
> dwfl_module_addrinfo (mod, addr, off, sym) match on either the
> (adjusted) st_value and on the resolved address for the symbol.

The attached, applied on top of the original patch, does that. Also made
addr2line use it and updated the tests to show it then also displays
names for values in different sections.

Then the only feature you seem to want that is missing is a real search
on name or identifier. Where the identifier might have some modifier(s)
that have a possible arch specific meaning that matches it to some
address and/or some other properties. I think that needs its own
specific interface though. And it also doesn't seem immediately needed
right now (in contrast with the address lookups which make the unwinder
more useful).

Cheers,

Mark