[patch] Fix for PIE with both -e and --core in use

Mark Wielaard mjw at redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 16:17:32 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 17:03 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 16:35 +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> > Is there still a disagreement?
>
> I don't like a new field in struct Dwfl_Module that is only used for
> this single thing. So if we can store the state somewhere else that
> would be nice.
>
> I see what you are saying can happen theoretically, but have a little
> trouble imagining when this would every happen. If you are just using
> parse_argp for command line parsing I don't really see how that would
> happen. Are you thinking of some server program that would reuse
> dwfl_standard_argp () multiple times?

Actually it doesn't really matter that I am not as imaginative. Maybe
you want to reuse the argp parser from within to parse a different
option group, or... Anyway, you are right, a global static would be bad.
I am just hoping we can get the executable state into the find_elf
callback without adding another internal field to the DWfl_Module struct
(if only because it is a little cheating, no other user can use it, it
would be just for our internal argp parser). But maybe there is no more
elegant way.

Thanks,

Mark