dwarlint: check_range_out_of_scope only check location of pc_contained_dies

Mark Wielaard mjw at redhat.com
Thu Mar 31 21:49:04 UTC 2011

Hi,

I was seeing lots of warnings from dwarflint saying a location attribute
was outside containing scope. This was for things like the
DW_AT_location of a DW_TAG_formal_parameter. I think these shouldn't be
checked. In fact the first check in recursively_validate () already only
looked at code describing dies. So I made the second check for the
location address ranges use the same logic. Does this look OK, or is it
more subtle than that?

diff -w attached, full patch on mjw/location-range branch (since it is
mostly whitespace).

Thanks,

Mark